We all need a little help sometimes when it comes to eating right. I hear or read quotes all the time and some really resonate with me. They can really help you stop and think and motivate you when your motivation may be waning.
When you’re making decisions about what to eat, which we all have to do several times every day, maybe one or two will pop into your head.
I saw this short video by Cube Filmz and had to include it. It’s an added bonus to the quotes below. No matter what health goals you have, I hope they will help you.
1. “If you don’t take care of your body, where are you going to live?” – Unknown
2. “Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” – Author Unknown
3. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates
4. “Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” – Josh Billings
5. “The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison
6. “Don’t eat anything your great-great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food. There are a great many food-like items in the supermarket your ancestors wouldn’t recognize as food…stay away from these.” – Michael Pollan
7. “Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise.” – Mike Adams
8. “The first wealth is health.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
10. “You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.” – Julia Child
11. “Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
12. “Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.” –Karen Sessions
13. “Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat.” – Jill Johnson
14. “Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.” – English Proverb
15. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16. “Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.” – Zig Ziglar
17. “Stumbling is not falling.” – Portuguese Proverb
There are many more, but these are some of my favourites. Let me know some other quotes that have helped you.